While still not perfect, the new v1.3 has some huge improvements in map performance due to a developer we met at iPhone Dev Camp, Louis Gerbarg, and his wholesale replacement of our caching code.
* Better map performance for tile loading and panning.
* Photos taken in Nearby are now saved in your Camera Roll.
* Fixes the White Screen of Death bug.
* Dramatically reduces the frequency of crashes while saving photos.
* Fixes the Collections crash.
* Overall responsiveness improvements due to improved cache code.
* Adds feedback if nothing found in search.
* Adds many improvements to the interface, more images, more feedback about loading data.
What we are still actively working on for v1.4:
* Better map handling, flicking, zooming, pinching, etc.
* A fix for the 'stuck on a previous location' bug.
* Saving state of the app when you quit and come back.
* Making the newly added posts immediately available on the device.
Thanks for all the helpful feedback, via email, the forum, and the comments in App Store, we always love to hear from you.