Platial's Nearby 1.2 brings you some much needed improvements:
* A new lightweight map tile option (significantly faster downloading over Edge, 3G, and wifi). Choose "mobile" in the settings pane to try them out.
* We also ditched the hill shading on the default tiles, so they are about half the size as before.
* Fixed a bug that prevented some people from merging their devices to their Platial accounts.
(There is still a known bug where occasionally your Platial username will revert back to 'Anonymous', well, this doesn't effect the link between your device and account, it is simply a cosmetic defect that we'll get around to fixing soon.)
* Improved filtering of useless and banal Places and Posts, one of the main complaints after map performance.
* Highlighting of all the great new entries our users have been adding, the Collections tab is getting richer and richer, watch for a great new way to get your data into that tab as well.
Anyone running the version of Nearby from the App Store, watch for an update coming any time (we just got the email saying it made it past the review process and it 'ready for sale').
If you don't have it yet, you can download it right from Apple as soon as the App Store servers are all updated.
Thanks for the feedback and support! There is so much more stuff to come, in fact we are ready to submit 1.3 tomorrow, which fixes the dreaded white screen of death |,,|_